Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

Rambles from a Soft Heart!

When we fish dead critters such as moles, chipmunks, frogs etc. out of the pool, I feel bad for them.  The little creatures might just have been looking for a quick way to quench their thirst or cool off on a hot day. 
When a bird flies into the window that I just finished cleaning, I feel bad for it and hold my breath in hopes that it will recover from the shock and fly away.  They usually do, but sadly there have been a couple that didn't make it. When an animal such as a deer, raccoon, dog, squirrel, rabbit, cat, skunk, groundhog... (the list is endless) runs out in front of our vehicle... I cringe... for several reasons.  #1.. Of course I don't want anyone in the vehicle to be hurt if we end up in an accident.  #2.  Of course I don't want to do any damage to the vehicle.  #3.  I hate to see any animal injured or killed by a car.  God put the animals here first... then man came along and invented the car.  I just find it unfair to them when they get killed by our 'progress'.
I'm proud to say I'm married to a man who has even more love and compassion for animals than I do.  He's been known to successfully hand hold and feed a hummingbird after it crashed into our window and give CPR (just compressions) to a chipmunk after he fished it out of the swimming pool.  When he planned to catch and release a raccoon that was getting into our bird feeders, he caught a skunk instead.  Did he kill the skunk?  No, he carefully (and rather humorously) set it free..  right back into our backyard.  He didn't get sprayed and we haven't seen (or smelled) the skunk since.

Are you wondering where I am going with this post?

I cringe at the pain, suffering and death of innocent little creatures... little creatures that rank much, much lower in the chain of life than humans.   As a person who is saddened by the misfortune of lower life forms, I find it unfathomable to think that something as heartless and cruel as child abuse (among the intelligent human race) would even exist, yet we hear about it time after time after time. 

We're no longer shocked when we hear horrific news stories about child abuse and neglect.  How did we become so desensitized?  What's going on in our world?  Are parents and caregivers that stressed?  What causes people to have such sick and sometimes perverted minds?  And most importantly, what can we do to stop/prevent it!?   

No comments:

Post a Comment